Working with the 4 Q’s
Florencius International School offers a well-balanced educational program based on the holistic approach of the 4 Q’s. Central in this approach is the complete development of the child and the development of the four components of our human nature, our intelligence and capacities.
SQ– Spiritual intelligence (Self-confidence)
With regard to SQ (spiritual intelligence) Florencius pays a lot of attention to:
- Integrity; making children aware of their values, beliefs and conscience and teaching them to deal with them sincerely.
- Meaning; giving children the feeling that they are meaningful, and significant, which is essential for their self-confidence.
- A positive social climate; with a well-balanced variety of rest and activity. Inner rest is central to happiness and the social and emotional well-being of the child.
IQ– Mental intelligence (Ambition)
With regard to IQ (mental intelligence) Florencius pays a lot of attention to:
- Personal development: each child starting at Florencius is assessed and given a personal development plan based on talents and opportunities, which is discussed and evaluated with its parents.
- Specific customized offer for children with extra talents, dyslexia, dyscalculia and fear of failure.
- Top-level, well-structured education.
- 21st century skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of other countries and cultures.
EQ– Emotional intelligence (Passion)
With regard to EQ (emotional intelligence) Florencius pays a lot of attention to:
- Growth mindset: we believe in the capability children have to develop capacities and we teach children to think about their own wishes, passion, and goals (self-awareness/ self-control).
- Self-awareness: the power of children to look at their own lives, have self-knowledge, improve themselves and show will power.
- Empathy; the power to empathize with thoughts and feelings of people in other situations, countries and cultures. Creating independently in mutual dependency.
- Social skills: focusing on how mutual interaction works, how problems are solved and how children approach each other.
PQ– Physical intelligence (Energy)
With regard to PQ (physical intelligence) Florencius pays a lot of attention to:
- Sensible food; the children have lunch at school every day.
Together with the children we prepare a healthy and balanced meal.
- Sports; a healthy mind in a healthy body. Several times a week we play sports either indoor or outdoor. A specialist teacher coordinates the complete sports program.
- Attention is paid to having fun, fairness, endurance, strength and resilience.
- Rest, relaxation and stress management; during lunch and in between the lessons we do rest and relaxation exercises.